Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Designing an assessment rubric

Hi there again! I am here to do a new challenge: create my own assessment rubric.
Have you seen my older posts? Almost all of them are about creating a digital project including search for partners and missions, you can take a look if you want! So the last step to create a complete digital educational project is by creating an asessment rubric.

How can I do that?

Elements of a rubric de Beatriz Diaz

After taking in account the four elements of a rubric, I was taking a look to some pages our instructor gave us to make an idea in my mind about what I wanted to do. Some of these pages are Rubrics for all, consejos para evaluar el aprendizaje basado en proyectos (in Spanish),Criteria for effective assessment in project-based learning (specially interesting the point: Select 21st Century Skills to teach an assess) and Rubric for rubrics (this page is specially useful because you can see if your rubric has all the aspects to be a good rubric). In this point, I was able to make the rubric I'm going to present it to you.

assesment rubric de Beatriz Diaz
Reflection:
Before starting the post I thought it was goint to be easy doing it but when I started reading the webs I visited I realized that although the rubric seems "only" a chart it has behind it a lot of connected characteristics: the rubric has to be clear, concise and useful because it is going to be the way to assess your students; the criteria has to be clear and of course derived from your project, each level has to be distinguish and it has to be well explained in order to know what skills must be achieved by the student. This is only a summary of the of the rubric's background.
I have tried to accomplish all this characteristics and with the help of the information on the poster I posted above (made with Canva) I was ready to do the rubric.
In order to do my post more visual I have added the poster I have said before and another image made with Canva also.
The rubric was made with Microsoft Word and later I have updated it to Issuu a fantastic page that allows us to upload our documents made on our computer to the net. I had used this app on another post I did.
As I said in other posts, some pages, apps or technologies in general can be difficult to use at the beginning but it is true also that the more you use it, the more you know and the more you enjoy because you are going discovering a lot of new things that you did not know you were capable of doing. I feel happy if I stop a moment and think about my post or even when I created the blog, I was completly lost, I was not able to do anything, and in a few months I am using a lot of new apps, I am writing on a blog and I am learning a lot! So, from now, I encourage all teachers to investigate and to learn how to use this fantastic tools! I hope you like my post! See you!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your post Bea! The designed rubric is very well organized and detailed. I love it! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bea !

    Good job ! I can see that you have researched a lot, to have a better understanding of what a good rubric should contain. I have also browsed some of these webs.

    As a result, you developed nice criteria and descriptors. Concerning your reflection, like you, I am of the opinion that although the rubric can be percieved as a simple chart, it is a crucial element, not only for us, but for our students, too. Besides that, it is going to help us to improve our assessments.

    See you !

    ReplyDelete